Sunday 3 January 2010

3 idiots

2010-I thought I would try something different and this has inspired me to write a blog on Bollywood with some themes drawn from the finance world!

3 Idiots

For those of you out there who have not seen it-I suggest watching it ASAP (A term many bankers must detest or at least I know I do-I mean come on - it is not like I am just sitting around twiddling my thumbs in the office-Chill karo yaar--Your work will be done to my fastest ability and enough with the ASAP!

Anyway-back to 3 Idiots. 3 Idiots is exactly what Bollywood needed to end the year with style-Bang with a Buck!
The Raj Kumar Hirani and VidhuVinod Chopra duo never fail to amuse us and once again they have delivered an excellent movie. The movie which is loosely based on a book by Chetan Bhagat has a stellar cast with Aamir Khan in the lead role (Aamir Khan in my view is like a US treasury bond--one of the safest investments that you have and with Aamir lets face it, he is not going to default on his performance). Others include Sharman Joshi, Madhavan, Boman Irani and KareenaKapoor.

To go slightly off track, I was having lunch in Hakkasan yesterday and behind me were Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan. Man they are one good looking couple in real life. Obviously me being such a Bollywood freak, lost complete interest in lunch and started focusing all my attention on them! (But then again, how can you concentrate if you have KareenaKapoor and Saif Ali Khan behind you unless of course you are blind or wearing sunglasses and cannot see them -That is one thing I find very irritating--when people wear sunglasses inside a restaurant-I mean hello is there any sunshine in the restaurant but then again if you are listening to Give Me Some Sunshine (a song from 3 Idiots) then I guess it is acceptable.

Ok-getting back to the movie. The beauty of the movie is that despite Aamir Khan being so fantastic in the movie, the limelight is not just focused on him because the other stars also delivered a fantastic performance with each cast member having a unique role. I must say thatI loved Boman Irani in the movie especially with his 'Life is a Race' lines.

Songs in the movie are also very good with Zoobie Doobie playing in your head over and over again after hearing it once.

Anyways summing it up
Good story, good songs, amazing acting, very entertaining = A good Bollywood movie=Watching it multiple times = 3Idiots

Until the next movie I watch-Ciao Bellas!

5 comments:

  1. First comment = Score!! Great post - looking forward to the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Delightful reading ... looking forward to the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey PP! Love the blog and the idea. Will follow closely. Have you watched Julia and Julie. I liked the movie and hope your blog follows on the same note :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very funny indeed!!
    my favourite line:
    'Aamir Khan is like a US treasury bond - one of the safest investments and unlikely to default'

    almost fell of my audit chair!
    exciting read make sure you continue! don't ffk this blog. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piece!!now u have a fallback career option..movie critic! Rajeev masand better pull up his socks..he has competition :)

    Waiting for your next review.

    Radhika

    ReplyDelete